Archive

This new Romanesque church was designed for the parish of St. James after extensive structural problems meant their original church had to be demolished. The siting of the church makes it visible on many sides, so it was important that the church be beautiful and...

JNKA was commissioned to design a new vertical extension of the center portion of St. Mary of the Angels Church’s front facade. Originally constructed in 1920, this portion of the historic church’s facade was dismantled in the 1990’s due its poor condition and structural instability....

Phase 1 of the Master Plan for the United Methodist Church of New Lenox completed construction in 2007. The scope of the $3.6M, 17,600 sf addition/renovation included the expansion of the existing Sanctuary with a new Chancel, choir platform, sacristies, balcony, and new lighting, A/V...

This new three-level addition is designed to blend with the gothic architectural style of the original church and parish house constructed in 1928. A two-story convocation atrium space serves as a new focal point for the church, providing gathering space after worship service. The grand...

A new three level addition and renovation has been constructed for Grace Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois that more than doubles the size of their original narthex/gathering space and includes much needed accessibility improvements. The new bell tower enhances visibility for the church which...

JNKA recently completed a partial renovation of the First United Methodist Church of Park Ridge. The scope of work included underpinning the existing foundations of the 150 year old structure, new interior and exterior lighting for the church and its stained glass windows, a new...

To increase worship seating capacity to 575 people, the original sanctuary built in 1963 was demolished and a new sanctuary with a fan shaped seating arrangement was added. Accessiblity was greatly improved by constructing the new addition at the same floor elevation as the original...

JNKA’s gathering space addition to the Congregational Church of Batavia successfully expanded the existing facilities with much-needed fellowship space while integrating into the historic, Civil War era structure. Although population shifts suggested that moving to a new out-of-town site might provide a better option for...

This project for St. Paul Catholic Church in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood provided the church with a new Parish Hall while making the building handicap accessible. The design included a new exterior ramp at the front entrance as well as a new elevator and interior stair...

Trinity Lutheran Church is one church with two worship styles in two separate locations. Traditional worship is offered at a separate church building completed by JNKA in 2002. This new facility offers contemporary worship in a retail shopping strip that formerly housed a Walgreens pharmacy...