JNKA designed this elevator addition and exterior masonry portico to provide handicap access to the the existing 1890’s church and lower level parish hall. To preserve the historic front facade, the new entry was located at a former side entrance. The portico incorporates pointed arches, copper roofing and stone trim detailing to blend-in with the existing architecture. A new stone paved bridge connects the entry with the existing sidewalk while also providing access to an existing lower level court with a new exterior stairway. The space under the choir loft was enclosed with a new screenwall to create a larger Narthex/Gathering Space and new electrical and mechanical systems were installed, including consolidated boilers serving the entire church campus. The interior restoration and repainting of the church was also a part of the completed Master Plan.